2.24.2011

surgery

Yesterday we left our house at 5:15 and got to the hospital by 6:00am for check in. Poor Maddix was so tired and hungry. They didn’t take him back until 7:45. That was sad to see him crying as they carried him away! I knew that he would soon be asleep and everything would be okay. Brig and I waited in the waiting room for about an hour until the doctor came out and told us that the surgery went well. He fixed his undescended testicle and also a hernia that was found. We went back into the recovery room and saw Maddix as he was waking up. I got to hold him and feed him his sippy cup of water & apple juice. He gulped it right down! He was so hungry because I hadn’t nursed him since 8:30 the night before. His poor legs were completely numb still. They monitored him a little longer and we were able to take him home.
He slept the whole ride home and about an hour after we got home. When he woke up I’m pretty sure the numbness in his legs had worn off because he was walking and crawling everywhere! After an hour he fell back asleep and slept for a couple hours. When he woke up he was not happy. I could tell he was in a lot of pain. To make a long story short, he took a few more naps that day and then went to bed early. He slept through the whole night.
This morning he woke up at 8. My mom came over to help out. She was rocking him and he fell right asleep for 2 hours in her arms! We went for a few walks today and just took it easy.  He took a few more naps today and is already asleep tonight!
LOTS and lots of sleeping which is great for all of us :) I think he is healing very quickly and hopefully he’ll feel more normal tomorrow!
I am so grateful for amazing friends and family who are so supportive to us! Thank you all for everything!
photo
in the hospital right after surgery
DSCN2311
maddix asleep in mimi’s arms
feb24-1
relaxing on mommy’s lap
  DSCN2320
still more adorable than ever!

4 comments:

  1. aww! poor boy. i am glad it's over and that he's on the mend! talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor sweet Maddix! I bet its a relief to have that over with. Its so sad to see kids when they are not feeling well. I hope you at least got some good cuddles out of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things went well. It's so hard to give your baby to someone else to fix! I hope you get to relax over the weekend, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...