1.21.2011

babies are miracles

yesterday we lost our precious little baby. I felt like I was already getting attached to my baby. we are feeling so extremely grateful that it only happened when i was 9 weeks along. But that didnt stop me from feeling any pain. I have gained a new appreciation for women that go through miscarriages or still born babies. It is such an empty feeling.
On Tuesday I had my doctors appointment and everything looked great. We saw the heart beat on the ultrasound and it was beating just as it should. That night I had a little bit of discharge but didnt think much about it. Wednesday morning I started bleeding. I called the doctor and they told me that they think that it was probably because of the ultrasound and most likely it was coming from the cervix, not the uterus. This was comforting. They told me to go on bed rest for 24 hours and if it didnt go away then to call. My mom took Maddix and I got lots of rest. Thursday morning it got worse. I called the doctor and scheduled an appointment at 1:15. I was on bed rest until then. I am so grateful for my mom that let me lounge at her house while she entertained maddix. I didnt have any cramping through any of this until a little before the doctors appointment. It continued to get worse at the doctors and was hurting pretty bad while I was there waiting. When they brought me back, they did an exam and i bypassed the sac already. He told me the news, i was shocked. they both gave me hugs, let me cry, and finished up. I called Brig right away and let him know the sad news. He came home, gave me a big hug and just let me cry..and eat ice cream :) I didnt think it would hurt this much. Physically and emotionally. {I had very bad cramps when I got home for a few hours}. After a few hours I was able to talk on the phone without crying. But I would end up breaking down right after of course. My awesome mother in law and sister in law brought us dinner and Brig helped me with Maddix.
This morning I am doing a lot better. I got the rest my body needed and today I’m going to be strong. i’m going to spend lots of time with family to take my mind off of it. Thanks for everyone’s love and support. I appreciate it!
I am so grateful for the plan of salvation. I know that I will see my baby again. I am very grateful to have Maddix to keep me busy and to keep my mind occupied :) He is such a blessing and is everything brig and I could ever want in a little boy. My sister in law the other day reminded me that baby’s are such miracles. I dont think I ever fully appreciated that when I had Maddix because he was completely healthy and my pregnancy went perfect. Babies really are miracles. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that this trial in our life happened for a reason. I have so much faith in my Savior and know that everything will be okay :)
 my child 1

12 comments:

  1. You are amazing shelby! You are such an awesome an example to me! Stay strong! We are so blessed to have the gospel to help us through our hard times in life. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelby, I am so so sorry. I heard the news this morning and felt so sad. I am here for you...Just know that you are not alone and we are all here to support you - on good days & bad. Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh Shelby, I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard that must be for you and your family. I know it hurts but just remember that your Savior has been there and knows exactly what you're going through! I'm sure you have tons of friends and family to help but seriously let me know if you need anything! Bring on the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shelby i am so sorry! this breaks my heart!! if you need anything please let me know! I am more than willing to take Maddix! {you know him and tillman get along great!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm am so sorry you had to go through that. I miscarried at 11 weeks along before I got pregnant with Hayley. It was so painful and emotional and I hated being told "A lot of people miscarry." It didnt help the pain I was feeling. I cried for a good 5 days and then when I had to go back to work at the pediatric office, I had a hard time not crying when Id' see babies.
    Knowing the plan of salvation is a huge blessing in our lives, isnt it? It helps when we struggle and endure trials.
    The scripture that got me through my miscarriage (and through many other life trials) is 1st Corinthians 10:13/ It's my favorite scripture and so very comforting.
    I hope your body can heal quickly and you can feel peace with this situation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelby, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I wish I had better comforting words! I hope you feel back on top really soon, and if you need anything, you can most definitely call me. I'd be glad to listen or do anything you need. Love!
    Liz Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Shelby! This makes me so sad. I am glad that you are feeling the comfort that comes from the plan of salvation, you are a strong women. I'll be praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww that breaks my heart. I can't even imagine. Keep being strong :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So well said. I am so proud of you for being strong! Trials are tough but without the gospel they would be tougher. Your so great and I look up to your strength. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was the sweetest thing to read, Shelby. I can't imagine the pain, emotionally or physically, that you had to go through but I agree that we are SO BLESSED to have the knowledge that families are eternal. Now you have a little one to watch over you and your precious family always- something to aspire to:-) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i jumped over from sarah's blog...

    i'm so sorry for you guys. my heart broke when i read this. it's shocking and hard no matter how far along you are... i hope your healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are strong Shelby, stay that way! You will be blessed for such a trial. I'm really sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you must feel. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...