1.26.2011

twins

this is kind of a personal story for me, but its so interesting and neat that i just had to share. if you dont mind bloody talk then keep reading. thursday night after my doctors appointment i had really bad cramps. i had to lay on the couch and curl up in a ball. i was thinking “why am i just NOW having cramps?? I already bypassed the sac!” to keep it clean, i’ll tell you the short version. a few hours after having cramps they stopped. I was finally calming down from my emotional day and guess what? I just then bypassed something that looked exactly like a 8 or 9 week old fetus. no joke. i started shaking and freaking out because this now became so real to me. i called brig in the room and he took a quick glance at it. we did not keep it for several reasons. the main one is that we did not think to. it was 9:30pm and it didnt cross my mind to call the dr. may sound crazy but i just didnt.
the next morning i decided to call the dr. and let them know what happened. when they called back they explained to me that this was very interesting because the dr. had already removed the fully attached sac. which means that the fetus was in the sac.
today the dr. called and let me know he got the test results back and the sac that he removed definitely had a fetus inside. he let me know that most likely i had miscarried twins. the reason that he had not seen that before is because at my dr’s appointment when he did the ultrasound, there was only one heart beat. he said that most likely one of them died before that appointment.
wow.
that wouldve been a tough couple of years ahead of us! 3 kids under the age of 1 1/2!! they just wanted to come down together so badly. then maybe they decided..maybe 2 of us will make mommy’s young hairs turn grey a little sooner than she’d like. maybe she’d do better if we came one at a time :)
thanks again for everyones love and support during this tough time. i am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your miscarriage. It happens so much more frequently than people talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelby. I don't know if you remember me but I am married to Spencer Coon and I was in your ward for a little bit after we were married. Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I too miscarried a few months ago and saw the fetus. I kept mine and buried it in my back yard. But I know how hard it is and how heart broken you are. It does happen more then you think...I felt seriously like I was the only one that it happened to but after talking to people I realized that it wasn't just me and I'd hopefully get another chance for another one. Sorry this is getting long but I just wanted to say sorry for your loss. And your family is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww shelbs, i am so glad that you are doing so well with this. you are so strong. its hard that its all apart of heavenly fathers plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is rough stuff Shelby. I hope you are doing better and I can't wait to have you over on Friday. Let me know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...